Far too often, we forget about that little person who lives inside us. We don’t think they know us, but they do. Of course, they do!
He/She has been with us all these golden years. They have been there when we’ve fallen down, all through our breakups, and when the horrible pain had us crawling on the floor.
Personally, I love that little person who lives inside me. In the mornings, I look in the mirror and do a lot of self-talk with her. With the talks . . .
- I may ask her for a big hug or
- Give her plenty of kisses or
- Let her know I’m not going to allow anyone to hijack those emotions or
- Steal her joy or
- Rain on her parade or
While doing any of these affirmations, I want her to know she’s protected. She has guided me all these years, and it’s my turn to give back (now). I’ve gone to great lengths to ensure I take (one/a) day out of the week to nurture and spend with her. There are all types of ways to nurture that little girl, for example:
- Get those eyebrows trimmed or waxed
- Have a hand or foot massage
- Listen to some soothing music
- Pop in a movie and indulge with popcorn or chips
- See a play
- Spend time at the gym working on self
- Take a nice long hot and soapy bubbly bath; adding in a few scented candles around the tub
- Take a nice long nap
- And so much more
When I do any of these, I call it my “Me Day.” I do it because I know she deserves it. What the heck, I do too! I just love her so! Perhaps, it is why the book, “Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall,” has won those many book awards.
Now, let me ask Y O U a question: “So, when was the last time you took care of that person inside you?”
P.S. Check out the “Me Day,” page inside this guide.
Front cover image courtesy of Noelle Austraila / Person hidden behind mirror courtesy of Kenzie Kraft